healthy

Tuesday, October 14, 2008

Why You Should Start Dieting NOW!

For what reasons should I start dieting?

Many people tried dieting, but fail, including ourselves. Results of dieting often show in the initial weeks (and rather amazing ones) but over time we gain back the original pounds lost or even more than before! This is a common scene and people often feel as if they are being laughed upon for dieting.

What is the cause of this? Even the most popular diets with excellent feedbacks, you will often find similar patterns observed as mentioned above. The reason is because most diets are essential to let you witness the results of weight loss for the first few weeks. Instead of losing fats, majority of these diets advised causes you to lose body fluids, and that is pretty dangerous! If you lose the continuity of this diet program, or that if you try a new diet, the body fluid returns and eventually converts into more fats. At this point of time, you will realize that the results sought after is totally unexpected and opposite from your initial goal of losing weight! By the end of the day, the only group of people who profits in this trade is the company who sells these dieting program and products.

To make dieting work, you would have to first find a set of diet plan which is suitable for your body. An adequate and appropriate diet would effectively help in weight loss. If not, you would realize that you are jumping trends to trends of dieting which never really work. If you insist on believing that these diets really work, it is equivalent to believing that money will come rolling in daily without you having to work!

Since it seems like dieting does not help at all, why believe in it? Well, the good thing about it is that once you discover your own diet that is appropriate for your own body, all you have to do is to keep on going and never give up. There are some people out there who have very full-proof diets for their body, but lost their motivation on the way, hence leading to their failure in their dieting journey. It is thus essential to work towards a definite goal with determination once you have set on dieting.

What I suggest you can help yourself stay on track is to weight yourself daily and record your weight in a little diary, as well as how you feel about it, as you look at yourself through the mirror. You may naturally feel a little depressed in the start, but it is perfectly fine. You would have to be unhappy about yourself well enough so that you would find the drive to change for the better. This experience would need to be as original, and true as possible. As it gets emotional, you would all the more want to change yourself. Since this would be your personal diary, it is encouraged that you should be honest about everything. If not, you would tend to find excuses and never achieve your goal.

You should now stop reading ... do this activity AT ONCE then come back to join me again.

Okay, so have you done what I say, truthfully?

It is now time to search for your very own reason that motivates you to lose weight. Write this heading on a fresh page:

Why should I start Dieting?

Now have a brainstorming session with yourself on why you want, or rather NEED to lose weight. It would be all the more useful if you get emotional about it.

The following is a list of motivational reasons shared by many people I have heard - this may give you some idea of what actually motivates you as well.

Issues relating to Self Confidence

I detest seeing myself in the mirror when everyone is pointing at me, my other half embarrassed of me being the heaviest person out there.. Some even thought I was pregnant, that I don't even feel at ease going to the beach. The seat belt in my car doesn't fit. My weight depresses me. She would reject me as her bridesmaid unless I go for some dieting program and go back to her in a more presentable figure for her wedding day.

Personal/ Health related

My weight causes me problems in my back. I sweat very often, more than I should feel tired. My feet are swollen and this obstructs me from playing with the kids as I would feel worn out easily. I would always have to buy clothes that are bigger than the common sizes. I have wobbly inner thighs and it makes dressing difficult. I cannot balance myself as I walk.

Family / Genetics

Obesity is inheritable (but it is WITHIN YOUR ABILITY to stop the fashion!) My children also suffer the same weight problems as me.

Relationships

Because of the way I look, no one wants to date me. My partner ditched me. My partner is always trying to hint that I should lose weight. My partner is losing confidence in me due to my lack of sex drive.

By now you should have came up with your very own list of motivations for losing weight. Check those that are applicable to you from the above examples, and add 3 more new reasons not stated. Do this now. Acting at once is essential. If you don't start now, you aren't showing sincerity but merely letting time while away.

Please realize that improvement starts at this point in time, within your immediate control. Your future starts TODAY. YOU have the control over your own tomorrow.

Keep the drive and start getting rid of the fat!

Centiblab.com is a blog for anyone who wants to learn how to loss weight and are looking for people to share it with.

Find reviews, information, and bargains on weight loss diet and exercise programs throughout the blog and our specialized store.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home